Covid-19 Procedures & Precautions
Probably the most corporate and sensible thing I’ve ever written on this website, which is weird. I’ve completed a Covid safety course with Chestnut Associates, and here’s how I’ll keep you safe while the Covid-19 situation rumbles on:
For all photography sessions with me:
- All paperwork and payment is now completed online before the day of the shoot.
- The day before and the morning of your shoot, I will be in touch to check if you have any Covid-19 symptoms. If you, or any member of your household has symptoms, please do not come to your session! Let me know and we will reschedule your shoot for a mutually convenient date following self-isolation.
- Consultations and planning calls are via Zoom unless you request otherwise and are local enough for a socially distanced in-person meeting.
- I carry hand sanitiser and antibacterial wipes, and will sanitise my hands regularly, and sanitise any surfaces I touch (including door handles, toilets, etc).
- I will wear a mask during indoor parts of our shoot unless you request otherwise.
- I will shoot socially distanced as much as possible, using longer lenses than usual, and will only come in closer when essential, for very short bursts of time.
- I will clean my equipment between each shoot.
- You will need to bring all props you wish to use in your session, including mugs, pens, laptops, etc, although I will have portable backgrounds for flatlays which are disinfected between each use.
In addition, for location shoots:
- Until further notice, I will not be able to offer lifts between locations in my car – you will have to make your own way to shoot locations.
- Any styling of your spaces which I would previously have done on the day will need to be done by you before I arrive. I’ll give you guidance on this during your prep call.
- Use of public spaces, cafes, coworking spaces, etc for your shoot is at your own risk and subject to opening times, admission rules and social distancing rules.
In addition, at Studio 19
- Studio 19 has been deep cleaned before reopening, and is cleaned between each client.
- It is big enough to shoot socially distanced.
- You may bring a maximum of two other people to your shoot if they are essential to your final images.
- I have masks, hand sanitiser and antibacterial wipes & spray in the studio.
- In the studio and the building, contact-free entrance, shoot & exit systems are in place, so you can call me on arrival and walk in without touching anything.
- If you need to use the loo, you may, but you must wash your hands thoroughly and sanitise anything you touch in the toilets and communal area, including door handles.
- Tea & coffee are on hold and have been replaced with individual bottles of water, if you need refreshments during your shoot in the studio.
- The ACAVA Covid 19 Policy is available to view on their website.
My mission is to get you absolutely fantastic photos while keeping us both as safe as possible.
It’s a very weird time and I appreciate your patience – but we’re still going to have a glorious time on our shoot.
Any questions, give me a shout – firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂